Bionico with Cacique® Yogurt Smoothie, Granola and Natural Fruit
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts- unsalted (pistachios, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- ¼ seeds unsalted (pumpkin, sesame, etc)
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed
- ½ cup brown sugar-tightly packed
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil-heated 20 seconds in the microwave
- 1 cup dried fruit (cranberry, raisins, cherries, mango, pineapple, apricots, etc)
- Natural fruit (your choice)
- 1 -7 oz. Cacique® Yogurt Smoothie- any flavor, we used Piña Colada
- 1 banana-best if frozen
- 1 cup mango frozen
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, coconut, seeds, flaxseed, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Do not add dried fruit. Add the coconut oil and combine. Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and smooth out to one level. Place in the oven, bake 30 minutes, stirring every seven to ten minutes making sure it does not burn. Every time you stir make sure you level the granola.
- While the granola is baking chop large pieces of dried fruit into bite sized pieces. When toasted remove granola from the oven, add dried fruit and stir, let cool. There will be lots of leftover delicious granola, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. If you do not have the time to make the granola you can buy ready made granola at fine bakeries and super markets.
- In a blender, blend the frozen fruit with the yogurt until you have your preferred consistency, we blended until it was thick and creamy like a sorbet.
- In 4 small glasses layer the granola, spoon in half the yogurt, layer in the natural fruit, another dollop of yogurt, and top loosely with granola.