Cacique® Fried Chicken Sandwich with Chipotle Crema Slaw
WHAT YOU NEED
- Fried Chicken And Assembly:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved crosswise
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 4 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Special Equipment:
- A deep-fry thermometer
- For Slaw:
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Chipotle Flavored Sour Cream
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup Bread-and-Butter Pickle slices, plus 1/4 cup pickle juice
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Whisk flour, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a shallow bowl. Pour buttermilk into another shallow bowl. Working with 1 piece at a time, cover chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in buttermilk, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Dunk again in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Pour oil into a large heavy skillet to a depth of 1/2-inch. Prop deep-fry thermometer in oil so bulb is submerged. Heat over medium heat until thermometer registers 350°.
- Fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a wire rack set inside a baking sheet; season with salt.
- For the Slaw: Mix garlic, Cacique® Chipotle Flavored Sour Cream in a small bowl; cover and chill. Toss onion, cabbage, pickles, and pickle juice in a large bowl to combine; cover and chill.
- For Assembly: Spread cut sides of the brioche buns with butter. Heat another large skillet over medium heat, cook buns buttered side down until browned and crisp, about 1 minute. Squeeze more Cacique® Chipotle Flavored Sour Cream on your rolls and spread, place fried chicken, Chipotle Crema cabbage slaw and enjoy.