Pineapple Beef Tacos with Poblano Salsa
WHAT YOU NEED
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- 1 red onion, finely diced, divided
- 2 large poblano peppers, seeded and diced, divided
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 8 oz can pineapple tidbits in pineapple juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 24 oz lean ground beef
- 12 tortillas
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 3/4 cup Cacique® Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a small dish, combine taco seasoning spices and mix until uniform, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the diced onion, 3/4 cup diced poblano, diced tomatoes, cilantro, pineapple, and a hearty squeeze of lime juice. Toss gently to combine and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining onion and poblano, season with salt, pepper, and half of the taco seasoning, and cook until lightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and continue to cook, crumbling the beef as it cooks. Sprinkle with remaining taco spices and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the reserved pineapple juice and cook until most of the liquid has burned off, about 3 minutes. Adjust seasoning as desired and remove pan from heat.
- Divide meat between tortillas and top with pineapple poblano salsa, Cacique Queso Fresco and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream. Enjoy!