Effective/Updated as of March 2023
4. What is Personal Information?
This Policy covers the “Personal Information” we collect through our Site. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us. Examples of Personal Information include your name, address, email address, image, and the information you provide when you use our Site.
5. What Personal Information Do We Collect Through Our Site?
Information You Provide. We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, such as information you submit when you visit the Site. For example,
- when you sign up to receive email communications from us including our newsletter, we collect your email address and any related information you provide
- when you communicate with us using the “Contact Us” feature, we collect the information you provide when you complete the “Contact Us” form
- to find a store near you, you provide your zip code or city
- when you request a coupon, you provide your email address
- when you submit a recipe, you provide your name and email address
- when you apply for a job with us, create an account, request job alerts or join our talent network, we collect some or all of the following: your name, email address, location, resume, username and password, and any other information you voluntarily provide.You do not have to provide the above information to access or use the other sections of the Site.Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We collect information sent to us automatically by your Web browser to compile statistical information through analytics services, such as those provide by Google Analytics, concerning usage of the Site. This information typically includes the IP address of your internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. This information does not identify you personally. Generally, we use this information to improve our Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. In most cases, we do not link the information sent by your browser to information that identifies you personally. We do, however, review our server logs – which contain visitors’ IP addresses — for security purposes, such as detecting intrusions into our network. If we suspect criminal activity, we may share our server logs with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
BY USING THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE ANALYTICS PURPOSES AND FUNCTIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
7. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Generally, we use Personal Information we collect through our Site:
- to provide the products, information and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (but only with your permission);
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Site;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of our Site;
- for our everyday business purposes such as contract management, IT and website administration and security, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance;
- to engage in marketing and advertising activities;
- for testing, research, analytics and product and service development;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, governmental regulations, or other lawful processes; for public safety purposes;
- to process applications for employment, as well as to evaluate and improve our recruiting efforts;
- as necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of us, our employees, our consumers, our information systems, and the public; and
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
8. Does Cacique Share My Personal Information?
In general, we will not disclose your Personal Information except with your consent and as described in this Policy. We may disclose your Personal Information for the same reasons that we use it as described in this Policy, which includes disclosing it to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, as we deem necessary to carry out those purposes.Third Party Vendors. We may need to use or disclose your Personal Information with a member of our group partners or third-party vendors as follows:
- with your consent or as you direct;
- to manage, improve and optimize our Site;
- for IT technical services or cloud storage;
- to perform an obligation arising from any contract we enter into with you;
- to process payments and requests for products and services;
- to provide you with products, services, offers, promotions, news, etc.;
- to engage in marketing activities and advertising activities;
- to enhance our services by, among other methods, obtaining assistance with providing more personalized services to you through analytics and other technologies (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing); andWe endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of your Personal Information.
Change in Control or Sale. We can share, sell, assign, or license your Personal Information in connection with certain business transactions, such as a sale, acquisitions, merger, or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy. Any entity that acquires all or substantially all of the Company’s assets will have the right to continue using your data consistent with this Policy or as otherwise agreed to by you.Compliance with Laws and Protection of Our Rights and the
Additional disclosures. We may disclose Personal Information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to demonstrate our relationship with you or protect the security or integrity of the Site.
We do not share your personal data with any third-party advertisers for their advertising.
9. Embedded Content and Social Media Widgets
10. Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, and we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests. We track Site users over time and across third party websites.
11. Links to Third Parties’ Sites and Third-Party Integrations
12. How Cacique Protects Personal Information
We employ reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures designed to protect the security of Personal Information we collect from you. However, no system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and although we have taken steps to protect your Personal Information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Our Site is not directed to children and we will not request any Personal Information from children under 13. We recommend that parents monitor their children’s internet activities and employ software or other tools which can help their children access the internet without compromising their safety.
14. Your Choices
In General. We respect your right to make choices about the way we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information. In most cases, we will ask you to indicate your choices at the time we collect your Personal Information. We will also include an “opt-out” link in newsletter or promotional email we send you so that you can inform us that you do not wish to receive such communications from us in the future. If you have created an account or a personal profile on one of our Sites, you may be able to update some or all of your privacy choices by changing the settings on your account settings or profile page.
Direct Marketing. Before we use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, we will offer you the opportunity to choose whether to have your information used in this way. If at any time you wish to be taken off our direct marketing mailing lists, please send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at Cacique Foods LLC, 1410 Westridge Circle North, Irving, TX 75038, ATTN: General Counsel. Please provide your full name, address and email address so that we can find you on our mailing lists. Once we have the information we need, we will remove you from our mailing lists. Please give us a reasonable amount of time to honor your request.
15. How To Access, Update or Correct Your Personal Information
If you have created an account or a personal profile on one of our Sites, you may be able to access and update some or all of your Personal Information on your account settings or profile page. In most cases, however, you will need our help. If you wish to access, update or correct your Personal Information, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Cacique Foods LLC, 1410 Westridge Circle North, Irving, TX 75038, ATTN: General Counsel. We will respond to you within a reasonable amount of time and within the time limits established by applicable law. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide access and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identity.
16. Special Notice for Visitors Who Reside Outside the United States
This Policy is governed by the internal substantive laws of California without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under or out of this Policy shall lie exclusively with the state and federal courts within California. If any provision of this Policy is found to be invalid by a court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect.
17. CALIFORNIA RESIDENT
“Shine the Light Law”
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy.
- “Eraser Law”
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested
- California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA’”)
1) Personal Information We Collect
As described below, we may collect or have collected in the preceding 12 months the following categories of Personal Information (“PI” or “personal information”). We may add to the categories of PI we collect and the purpose we use PI. In that case, we will inform you by posting an updated version of this CA Addendum on the Site.
- Identifiers. Examples include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
- Other elements. Examples include name, signature, characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law. Examples include race, religion, and age.
- Commercial information. This includes services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Education information. This includes information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Internet or other electronic network activity. Examples include browsing history, search history, a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data. This might include location information while using one of our apps.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Consumer profile. This includes inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behaviors.
PI does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as certain health or medical information and other categories of information protected by different laws.
2) Purposes for Collecting Your Personal Information
We have collected your PI for the following business or commercial purposes. We may change or add to the purposes we collect PI. In that case, we will inform you and obtain your consent when required by law.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you place an order with us, we will collect your address for delivery/shipping purposes or to fulfill our tax collection and reporting obligations.
- To contact you and/or provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To engage in marketing activities, including to help design products and services appropriate for our clients.
- To communicate with you in social media concerning our products and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights including those arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, payment, and collections.
- To review, improve, and monitor our website, applications, online services, and overall client experience, including to provide customization to meet the specific needs, ensure a consistent experience, and to assess trends, interests, and the demands of clients.
- To provide customer service and engage in quality control activities concerning our products and services.
- For testing, research, analysis and product and service development.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, governmental regulations, or other lawful processes.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To process applications for employment, as well as to evaluate and improve our recruiting efforts.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of us, our employees, our consumers, our information systems, and the public.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
3) Sources of Personal Information
- We may collect personal information from you when you contact us, place an order, schedule an event, register, participate in a contest, promotion, or survey, or apply or inquire about employment; or through web technologies such as browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons set when you visit the Site.
- News outlets
- Social media and related services
- Third Parties. We may collect information about you from third parties such as from your employer, through your social media services consistent with your settings on such services, or from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us.
4) Sharing or Disclosing Personal Information
Of the categories of PI noted above, during the past 12 months, we shared the following:
|Categories of Personal Information Disclosed||Categories of Third Parties to Whom Disclosed|
|Identifiers, Consumer Profile Information, and Geolocation Data
|· Third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with certain service providers, including marketing companies, professional service providers, debt collectors, information technology providers, and data storage companies. We might also authorize our service providers to collect PI on our behalf.
· Our business partners. For example, we might share your PI with one of our business partners for purposes of collaborating on providing services to you, or to invite you to an event we are organizing. These business partners should also have their own privacy statements that set out the manner in which they will collect, use, and disclose PI. Where applicable, we encourage you to review each such business partner’s privacy statement before signing on with them.
· Governmental entities, legal service providers. We may share your PI in order to comply with the law and in the course of providing our products and services. We may also disclose information if a government agency or investigatory body submits a request.
· Successors to all or portions of our business. If all or part of our business is sold, we may disclose PI in preparation for or as part of that transaction.
|Protected Classification Information, Education Information, Professional and Employment Related Information||· Third parties as directed by you. We will share your PI with those third parties to whom you direct.
· Third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with certain professional service providers. We might also authorize our service providers to collect PI on our behalf.
We do not sell your PI as that term is defined in the CCPA.
We do not have actual knowledge that we have sold PI of minors under age 16.
5) Consumer Rights
The CCPA provides California consumers with the following rights, subject to certain exceptions:
- Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that the Company delete your PI from the it’s records, subject to certain exceptions.
Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request (see below), and as required by the CCPA, we will delete and direct any service providers to delete your PI from its records.
The Company is not required to comply with your request to delete your PI if it is necessary for the Company (or its service provider) to maintain your PI in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the PI was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of the Company’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between the Company and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with the Company.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your PI, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Know
You have the right to request that the Company discloses the following to you as it relates to the 12-month period preceding the Company’s receipt of your verifiable consumer request (see below):
- The categories of PI we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the PI was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling PI.
- The categories of PI we disclosed or sold for a business purpose.
- The categories of third parties we disclosed or sold PI to, by the category of PI.
- The specific pieces of PI we collected about you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. For example, we generally will not provide you a different level or quality of goods or services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
6) Submitting Consumer Rights Requests
To submit a California Consumer rights request as outlined in this CA Section, please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.521.6987.
7) Verifiable Requests
We reserve the right to only respond to verifiable consumer requests. A verifiable consumer request is one made by any individual who is:
- the consumer who is the subject of the request,
- a consumer on behalf of the consumer’s minor child, or
- by a natural person or person registered with the Secretary of State authorized to act on behalf of a consumer.
If we request, you must provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity and/or authority to act on behalf of a Consumer. In general, we may ask you to provide identifying information that we already maintain about you or we may use a third-party verification service. In either event, we will try to avoid asking you for sensitive PI to verify your identity. We may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with PI if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the PI relates to you. However, making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
Additionally, you will need to describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to review, understand, assess, and respond. We will not use the PI we collect from an individual to determine a verifiable request for any other purpose, except as required by law.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. To the extent permitted by the CCPA, we will respond to no more than two requests during any 12-month period.
8) Authorized Agents
You may authorize a natural person, or a business registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf with respect to the right under this CA Addendum. When you submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete, unless you have provided the authorized agent with a qualifying power of attorney, you must provide your authorized agent written permission (signed by you) to act on your behalf and verify the authorized agent’s identity with us. We reserve the right to deny requests from persons or businesses claiming to be authorized agents that do not submit sufficient proof of their authorization.
Questions Concerning Our Privacy Practices
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Privacy” in the subject line or write to us at:
Cacique Foods LLC
1410 Westridge Circle North
Irving, TX 75038
Attention: General Counsel