WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 pounds bone-in turkey thighs
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 10 corn tostadas
- 2 avocados, peeled and pits removed
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in rings
- 1 - 10 ounce Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- your favorite salsa
- cilantro for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large stock pot, place turkey, onion, garlic, salt and enough water to cover. Cook over medium heat, covered, until turkey falls off the bone and easily shreds with a fork; approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Set aside, let cool, drain and shred on a separate surface or plate, discard skin and bones.
- Spread avocado on tostada, top with shredded turkey, lettuce, onion, tomatoes and Ranchero® Queso Fresco. Serve with your favorite salsa and a sprinkle of cilantro.