Baked Apples with Cinnamon Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1½ cups Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 4 large medium tart apples (Macintosh or Granny Smith) cored
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or ½ tablespoon rum extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place apples in baking dish and fill center with ½ tablespoon butter and ½ tablespoon brown sugar. Bake 40 minutes or until apples have softened enough to pierce easily with fork.
- In a sauce pan, mix dark rum or rum extract, almond extract, cinnamon, sugar, and Crema Mexicana. Reduce sauce for 5-7 minutes on low heat, while stirring occasionally. Place apples on a platter, garnish with Crema topping and serve.