Cheesy Cornmeal Mini Muffins
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/4 medium cauliflower
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Panela Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Cotija Cheese, shredded
- 3 mini muffin trays
- Non-stick cooking spray
- For the Honey Mustard Crema:
- 4 tablespoons Cacique® Crema Agria
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Separate the cauliflower florets, wash and set apart. Wash, peel and cut the carrots into 1 inch chunks. Pour the water into a steamer and add the cauliflower and carrot and steam 10-12 minutes until soft but not mushy. Remove
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- Puree the vegetables in a food processor, adding water if necessary until you get a firm puree.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sea salt, and baking powder, mix well. In another bowl beat the egg for a few seconds, add milk and butter, then mix well. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Incorporate the carrot and cauliflower puree, Panela and Cotija cheeses. Mix well. Spray muffin molds with non-stick cooking spray and pour 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin mold. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out dry after inserting it into the center of a muffin. Let them cool down for a couple of minutes and remove muffins from the trays.
- Meanwhile prepare the crema by mixing all the ingredients, Crema Agria, mayonnaise, mustard and honey until smooth. Serve the muffins warm and use the crema as a lovely dipping sauce.