Chicken Caesar Salad with Cotija
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2/3 cup Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Cotija, cut into cubes
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped (plus additional ¼ cup for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp. hot sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then grill over medium-high heat until done, approximately 10-15 minutes. Cut into 1 strips and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1/3 cup of Queso Fresco, cilantro, garlic, ¼ cup green onions, lime juice, vinegar and hot sauce. With motor running, slowly add oil until incorporated and season to taste. Blend 30 seconds more.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, carefully place Cotija cheese cubes in pan and brown on all sides. Drain on paper towel.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken, lettuce, dressing and Cotija cubes. Transfer to plates and garnish with remaining green onions and Queso Fresco. Serve immediately.
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.