Chipotle Risotto with Crema Mexicana
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Valencia rice
- ½ cup pickled chipotle julienned
- 4-5 cups beef broth
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ¼ cup Cacique® Cotija cheese grated plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, add the butter to melt, add the onion and sauté until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chipotle and stir.
- Add the broth, one cup at a time, and cook uncovered over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced more than half. Add another cup of broth and cook until the liquid is reduced more than half and repeat this procedure until the rice is al dente and has a creamy consistency.
- Add the Cacique® Crema Mexicana and the Cotija cheese and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Cotija cheese and cilantro.