CHORIZO AND EGG CROISSANT WITH PREMIUM PORK CHORIZO
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 Package Cacique® Premium Pork Chorizo
- 8 large eggs (6 eggs if you are topping with fried egg)
- 6 Large Croissants
- ¼ Cup Milk
- Cacique® Avocado Tomatillo or Chunky salsa
- 1 Cacique® Oaxaca, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook chorizo on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes while breaking apart with spatula or wooden spoon. Drain and blot out extra grease with paper towel if necessary.
- While the chorizo is cooking, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl, using a fork. Then Pour the egg mixture over the chorizo in the skillet. Scramble until fully cooked. (If you prefer fried eggs, fry 6 eggs over-medium).
- Cut the croissants in half and add shredded Oaxaca to the bottom of halves of the croissants. Toast in the oven at 375ºF until cheese is melted, be sure not to burn.
- Spread a generous amount of the chorizo and scrambled eggs (or fried eggs) on top of the melted Oaxaca. Finally, top with salsa, place on the tops of the croissants and serve warm.