CHORIZO AND OAXACA PINWHEELS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pkg Cacique Premium Pork Chorizo
- 2-8oz pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-10oz pkg Cacique Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- 1-4oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 4-5 green onions, white & green parts, sliced
- All-Purpose Flour for dusting work surface
- Cacique Original Crema Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cook chorizo in a skillet over medium heat, stirring to break into pieces, until cooked through and crumbled. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate to drain completely.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour on a countertop or cutting board. Unroll 1 crescent roll sheet onto the work surface, and press into a 12x8-inch rectangle, pressing seams together. Sprinkle half of the shredded Oaxaca cheese evenly over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border on each of the short ends. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cooked chorizo, 1/2 of the green chiles, and 1/2 of the green onions. Starting at the long edge, roll dough up into a log, pinching short ends to seal and keep the filling in. Wrap log in plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Repeat step 2 with the 2nd package of crescent rolls and remaining ingredients. Refrigerate logs for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Unwrap logs and using a serrated knife, cut each into 12 1-inch-thick slices. Place slices on prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven 16-19 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use a spatula to transfer to a serving platter, and drizzle with Cacique Original Crema Sour Cream or use as a dipping souce. Serve warm.