Creamy Mushroom Soup
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 – tablespoons butter
- 1 – small onion (cut into chunks)
- 32 – oz. mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 – sprigs of green onion (sliced)
- 1 – tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 – cups chicken or vegetable broth
- a pinch of oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 – cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 4 – tablespoons Cacique® Grated Queso Cotija
- olive oil to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large pot over a medium flame add in butter to melt. Add in onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add in sliced mushrooms, green onion, and garlic. Saute for 10 minutes. Add in broth, oregano, salt and pepper. Allow broth to come to a boil.
- Place soup in a blender and add Crema to the blender as well. You may have to do this step in two portions depending on your blender size. Blend until smooth.
- Place creamy mushroom soup (already blended) back into the pot and allow it to come to a boil again.
- Serve hot , then drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top of each bowl of soup. Place a tablespoon of grated Queso Cotija in the center of the bowl.