Crema Mashed Potatoes
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Salvadorena
- ½ package ( 5 oz.) Cacique® Enchilado, crumbled (save 2-3 tablespoons for garnish)
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons fat free milk
- 3 small green onions, finely chopped (save 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Peel and cook potatoes covered, in boiling water for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Mix green onions with Crema Salvadorena® and cheese then incorporate into the mashed potatoes. If necessary, beat in only enough milk to make fluffy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return potatoes to pan and heat through. Garnish with reserved Enchilado cheese and green onion.
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.