Enchiladas de Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 1 ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana, plus more for garnish
- 1 package Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled (reserve ¼ cup for garnish)
- 3 cups cooked lean pork, shredded
- 2 potatoes, diced and cooked
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 Ancho chilies (dried not fresh)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ small onion, chopped (reserve 4 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Boil diced potatoes in salted water for about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Season pork with salt and pepper then fry in oil over medium heat until browned. Using two forks, shred the meat by pulling apart.
- Sauce Preparation: Soak the chilies in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes until softened, then drain, and remove the stem and seeds. Puree chilies in a blender or food processor with the chicken stock, onion, garlic, Crema Mexicana and salt. Fry this mixture in oil and keep at a low flame.
- To Assemble: Dip tortillas in the sauce on both sides. Place tortilla on a plate and spoon shredded pork and potatoes on one side, fold in half. Repeat with every tortilla. Serve hot topped with onion along with remaining Crema Mexicana and cheese.