Fideos with Shrimp and Cacique® Queso Fresco
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound fideos (or vermicelli or other thin spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 10-ounce package Cacique® Queso Fresco Ranchero
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large stewpot over medium heat, add the olive oil and the onions and cook until softened and slightly golden, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the fideos or spaghetti pieces and the cumin. Cook, stirring, until the pasta is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and stir to distribute. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes until the shrimp are pink and opaque. Taste and adjust seasoning. Spoon the fideos onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the Cacique® Queso Fresco and chopped fresh cilantro.