Fried Cheese Balls
WHAT YOU NEED
Chipotle Sour Cream
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
Queso Quesadilla Shredded Cheese
Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream
- 2 cups Cacique® Shredded Cheese, any variety
- 1 Egg, or 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch, or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Cracker Crumbs, for dredging (optional)
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Cacique® Flavored Sour Creams, for dipping
HOW TO MAKE IT
- With an electric mixer or by hand, mix the cheese, egg and cornstarch (or flour) in a large bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop 2 teaspoons of dough and roll into a ball. If desired, roll balls in cracker crumbs for an extra crispy coating. Refrigerate cheese balls until thoroughly chilled, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil over high heat (350°F for deep frying). Fry cheese balls until golden brown, turning once, about 30-60 seconds per side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with your favorite sauce for dipping.