Jello Bionico Cake
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 – white cake mix (16.25 oz)
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites
- 1/3 – cup vegetable oil
- 1 - cup Cacique’s Crema Mexicana (half for cake and half for bionico)
- ¾ - cup water
- 1 – 6 oz. box of grape jello
- 2 – cups boiling hot water
- 3 – tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ - cup sugar
- 1 1/2 – cups cherries (cut in half and pitted)
- 1 – basket fresh strawberries
- ½ cup slivered almonds
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 9 x 13 pan with non stick baking spray. Mix white cake mix, egg and egg whites, vegetable oil, ½ cup Cacique’s Crema Mexicana, and water together until completely combined. Pour cake mixture into one 9 x 13 inch pan, and bake cake per the instruction time on the box, about 34 minutes.
- Boil water, then place the grape jello in a bowl and add 2 cups of water into bowl. Stir to completely dissolve gelatin. Set each bowl to the side.
- Remove cake from oven and poke about sixty holes into the cake with a fork. Then slowly pour liquid jello mixture over the cake. Place cake in the fridge to set for 4 hours. Then carefully remove cake from pan, by running a knife all along the edge of the pan and carefully slipping a spatula under the bottom. Place on a serving plate. Dust the top of cake with powdered sugar.
- In a bowl whisk remaining ½ cup Crema Mexicana, and sugar together. Fold in cherries, strawberries, and almonds. Mix well. Scoop creamy fruit salad (bionico) on top of cake. Place back in the fridge to chill for at least an hour. Enjoy!