La Crema Bread with Apricots and Cranberries
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped, dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried walnuts
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x4x2 inch metal loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oil, La Crema Mexicana Agria, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Whisk until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Mix in the apricots, cranberries and walnuts and stir until the fruit and nuts are coated with the flour mixture. Add the flour and fruit mixture to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. If the top is getting a bit too brown, cover it with foil.
- Notes: I used dried apricots and cranberries but you could use almost any combination of dried fruits that you like and substitue pecans or toasted almonds for the walnuts.