MEXICAN OMELETTE WITH RANCHERO PORK CHORIZO
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ Cup Cacique® Oaxaca, shredded
- 4 oz. Ranchero® Pork Chorizo
- Cacique® Chunky Medium Salsa, for garnish
- 10 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
- ½ Small White Onion, diced
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and salt then set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to a nonstick medium skillet, cook chorizo on medium heat for about 7 minutes while breaking apart with spatula. Drain and blot out extra grease with paper towel and return chorizo to pan.
- In the same skillet add onions, red bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and pour in egg mixture. Cook about 15 minutes covered (using another cooking pan), gently lifting edges of cooked portions with spatula from time to time so that uncooked egg mixture can flow to bottom of skillet until set.
- Once egg has set, top omelet with cheese. Cover again until cheese is melted. Cool slightly for 5 minutes. Cut into 4 servings and top each serving with Chunky Medium Salsa.