WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package (12 oz.) Ranchero® Queso Fresco, cubed
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Cotija, cubed
- 16 oz. pasta (elbow macaroni or shell pasta), prepared al dente
- ½ lb. ham, cut into small squares or strips
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- After boiling the pasta, drain, let cool and rest for 30 minutes.
- In a separate pot, melt butter and sauté the onion until transparent. Add ham and peas and mix well.
- Add the pasta to ham and pea mixture and stir the ingredients carefully over low heat. Add cubed cheeses, salt and pepper to taste. Finally, add creams and mix until desired consistency. Pasta can be served hot or cold.
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.