One-Pot Cheesy Enchilado Rice with Chicken
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cup Cacique Queso Quesadilla, grated (divided)
- 1 cup Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, crumble
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Lime wedges, for serving
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion, green pepper and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or soft and fragrant.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 more minutes. Add enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cooked chicken, black beans and 1 cup of Cacique Queso Quesadilla grated; mix and bring to a boil. When most of the liquid has evaporated, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is done.
- When the rice is done, add the rest of the quesadilla cheese over the top, cover and let the cheese melt. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and Cacique Ranchero ranQueso Fresco. Serve sever with lime wedges.