Queso Quesadilla Stuffed Turkey Breasts
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Queso Quesadilla
- 2 large boneless and skinless turkey breasts, halved
- 4 cooked ham slices
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- Ground oregano
- Onion powder
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. golden mushroom soup mix
- 6-8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. chili flakes (more can be added for additional heat)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle each half of turkey breast with onion powder, pepper, and oregano. Make a slit on the side of the turkey breast, resembling a pocket big enough to stuff a thick strip of cheese and a strip of ham (but dont stuff yet).
- Place in baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Carefully, place a piece of ham and cheese in each turkey breast. Fold the turkey breasts back together. Bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Sauce: In a small saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook until tender. Stir in soup mix and flour and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Add milk and Crema Mexicana and reduce heat. Simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid lumps until sauce thickens. Add chili flakes. Stir and pour over turkey breasts. Serve with roasted sweet potatoes with chipotle and maple syrup and grilled green onions.
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.