Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas
WHAT YOU NEED
Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ½ cup Cacique® Manchego, shredded
- ½ cup Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño, shredded
- ½ cup Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2½ cups lump crab meat, precooked
- 2½ cups raw, medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (plus 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- 6 Tbsp. dry sherry or beer
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup each red and green bell pepper, diced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 12 medium-sized flour tortillas
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions, jalapeños and bell peppers for 2 minutes. Add seafood, cilantro, cumin, sherry, salt and pepper. Stir to mix thoroughly and sauté for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat to cool, add Crema Mexicana, ¼ cup each Manchego and Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño.
- Heat enchilada sauce in saucepan. Dip each tortilla and stack on plate. To assemble, spoon 23 tablespoons seafood mixture into each tortilla, roll up and place seam down in greased 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Cover with enchilada sauce and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, cover with remaining cheese and return to oven for 5-7 minutes (until cheese melts). Garnish with crumbled Ranchero® Queso Fresco.