Shrimp & Crab Chile Relleno
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 package Cacique Brand Ranchero Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Cacique® Crema Mexicana, plus more for serving
- ½ cup white or Mexican rice, plus more for serving
- 6 oz. shrimp and crab, cooked and diced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 Poblano chilies, roasted and peeled
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- Oil for frying
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Mix Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco, 1/2 cup rice, shrimp and crab, green onion, jalapeño, cilantro and 2 tablespoons of Crema Mexicana in medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make a small slit on side of chile and insert 2-3 spoonfuls of mixture per chile.
- Beat egg whites first, then add yolks and beat until fluffy.
- Holding by the stems, carefully dredge each chile in flour, then dip completely into egg batter. Fry in hot oil, turning carefully, until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with rice and Crema Mexicana drizzled on top.