Shrimp Tostada With Salsa Verde
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- For Tostada Garnish:
- 8 tortilla tostadas, premade
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup Cacique® Cotija, finely grated
- Cacique® Hatch Chile Salsa Verde
- Cacique® Crema Mexicana to drizzle
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Mix together the garlic, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper in a bowl. Add shrimp and toss until evenly coated. Marinate for 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- In non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, tossing once halfway through, cooking about 3-5 minutes.
- Put a layer of cabbage on the tostadas and top with the shrimp. Drizzle with Cacique® Hatch Chile Salsa Verde and Cacique® Crema Mexicana. Sprinkle with Cacique® Cotija. Garnish with fresh cilantro.