TOSTADA AL PASTOR CHORIZO AND AVOCADO TOMATILLO SALSA
WHAT YOU NEED
Premium Pork Al Pastor Chorizo
Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 Package Cacique® Premium Pork Al Pastor Chorizo
- 12 6-inch Corn Tortillas
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 2 Tomatoes, diced small
- 3 Cups Baby Arugula
- Cacique® Cotija Cheese, grated
- Cacique® Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a nonstick skillet, cook Cacique® Pork Al Pastor chorizo on medium heat for 10 minutes while breaking apart with spatula. Drain and blot out extra grease with paper towel.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop chorizo into a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel, discarding the excess grease.
- In the same skillet, pour in 1/2 inch of oil and heat over medium heat until the oil shimmers.
- Fry the tortillas carefully, one at a time, until golden and crisp, about 1 minute, turning over once. Place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- To assemble tostadas, spoon Cacique® Pork Al Pastor chorizo over each fried tortilla, then top with, a handful of baby arugula and diced tomatoes. Crumble on the grated Cacique® Cotija generously over each tostada, then top with Avocado Tomatillo Salsa. Serve at once.