Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Chorizo, Cotija & Garlic
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into sticks approximately ½ inch wide
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10-ounce package Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 1 cup Cacique® Cotija, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease a large, rimmed baking sheet. Toss the sweet potato sticks in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Lay the fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, shaking the pan several times, until tender and lightly browned.
- While the fries are baking, put the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, just until the garlic is fragrant. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking it up into crumbles with a wooden spoon, for 7 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- To serve, put the cooked fries on a serving platter and spoon the chorizo and garlic over the top. Sprinkle with the grated Cotija and fresh cilantro and serve at once.