Cacique® Chorizo Stuffed Poblano Peppers
WHAT YOU NEED
Chipotle Sour Cream
- 8 medium poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 ounces Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels (1 large ear corn)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 5 ounces Cacique Queso Cotija Grated Cheese
- 1 cup Cacique® Chipotle Flavored Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large flying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chorizo to the frying pan along with the onions. Stir breaking up the meat and cook over medium low heat until crumbly; about 10 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the stove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir the beans, corn and cilantro into the meat mixture and set aside to cool.
- Remove a small portion of the top of the pepper, and scoop out the seeds. Set aside.
- Stir the cheese into the cooled meat mixture, then stuff each pepper. Really get the filling into each pepper, don't worry about over stuffing a little as the mixture shrinks down a bit when grilling.
- Place the peppers on the grill and cover with the lid. Grill until lightly charred and warmed throughout - the cheese will be slightly melty as well. This step will take about 6 - 9 minutes depending on how hot your grill is. Remember to keep checking every couple minutes as you do not want the peppers to burn. They will be slightly crisp but still soft. Squeeze on Cacique® Chipotle Flavored Sour Cream