Chicken Taquitos with Avocado Crema and Cacique Salsa
WHAT YOU NEED
Crema Mexicana Agria
Medium Homestyle Salsa
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 - 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 - 8- inch flour tortillas you can use corn tortillas if you prefer
- 2 - 3 cups canola oil for frying
- Shredded lettuce
- ½ cup Grated Cotija Cheese, divided
- Cacique Crema Mexicana, for garnish
- Cacique Homestyle Salsa, for garnish
- Avocado Crema
- 1 avocado seeded, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana Agria
- salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium bowl, toss the shredded chicken breast with the canned green chiles until well combined.
- To assemble, lay the tortillas on a work surface and fill the bottom third of each tortilla with 1/3 cup of the shredded chicken mixture and sprinkle them with 1/4 cup of grated Cotija. Roll the tortillas up tightly and secure the end with a toothpick inserted into the seam.
- Pour enough oil in a heavy bottom fry pan or pot to cover 1/2 inch or so enough oil reaches halfway up the sides of the tortillas when frying. Heat the oil to 350°F. You may test the oil temperature by dropping a piece of the tortilla into the oil. If it sizzles it should be hot enough.
- Add the filled tortillas to the hot oil and cook in batches so not to crowd the pan. Fry each side until golden brown, about 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate or cutting board lined with paper towels.
- To serve, remove the toothpicks from the taquitos and serve with shredded lettuce, avocado crema, Cacique Homestyle Salsa, Crema Mexicana, and the remaining grated Cotija cheese.