Chorizo Pizza Quesadilla
WHAT YOU NEED
Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 10-ounce CACIQUE® Soy or Beef Chorizo
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup bottled pizza sauce
- 2 cups CACIQUE® 4-Cheese Shreds
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the Chorizo for 6 to 8 minutes, until cooked through, breaking it up as you cook.
- To make the quesadillas, lay out four tortillas and spoon 1/4 cup the of the pizza sauce over each, spreading it with the back of a spoon. Divide the cooked chorizo among the tortillas and top with the 4-Cheese Shreds. Scatter some thinly sliced basil over each and top each with another flour tortilla.
- To cook, heat a clean large skillet over medium heat. Using a spatula, carefully lift one of the prepared quesadillas into the pan. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, then turn and cook another 3 to 4 minutes, until the surface of the flour tortilla is browned and crisp and the cheese is melted through. Keep warm while you cook the remaining quesadillas. Slice each quesadilla into 6 or 8 wedges and serve hot.