Cotija, Corn, and Mushroom Tacos
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and sliced in strips
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 cup porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup Cacique® Cotija Cheese, crumbled
- 8 corn tortillas
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Salsa (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add Poblano chile strips, corn and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper, stir until mushrooms are tender; about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil.
- Warm tortillas. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of Poblano mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle with Cotija cheese and your favorite salsa and enjoy.