Chorizo Tacos With Queso Fresco and Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 9oz Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded & finely chopped
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 package Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled for garnish
- Cacique Crema Mexicana or for added heat Cacique Picante Sour Cream
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Oil for cooking
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a medium sauté pan. Cook onions and jalapeños on medium about 3-5 minutes then add chorizo. Break down into crumbles with a wooden spoon about 6-8 minutes. Drain and blot out extra grease with paper towel if necessary.
- Heat corn tortillas on the stovetop to get a nice char.
- Assemble tacos. Add chorizo, garnish with Queso Fresco crumbles, a drizzle of Crema Mexicana or for added heat try with Picante Sour Cream and top with fresh cilantro.