Grilled Fish Tacos with Tequila-Lime Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
Crema Mexicana Agria
- Adobo Rub for fish
- 4 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tsp. cumin
- 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tsp. salt
- ½ Tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets, skin removed (or mahi-mahi, or halibut)
- TEQUILA LIME CREMA
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup premium silver tequila
- 1 Tsp. sugar
- ½ Tsp. salt
- ¼ Tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 package (10oz.) Cacique® Queso Fresco- crumbled
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 limes, quartered
- ½ bunch cilantro finely chopped
- Pico de gallo salsa
- 1 diced avocado- squirt a little lime juice to prevent browning
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Gently rinse and pat dry the fish fillets with paper towel. Apply the Rub liberally over the fish fillets, on both sides. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine all the crema ingredients in a blender and pulse until it becomes a smooth, thick consistency. Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This can be done up to 24 hours in advance.
- Place the queso fresco, cabbage, onion, lime wedges, cilantro, avocado and pico de gallo, all side by side, on a large serving platter. Bring out the Tequila-lime Crema and place in a bowl along with the toppings.
- When ready to serve, grill the fish fillets on a hot, well-oiled grill for 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- While grilling the fish, heat the tortillas. Serve the fish in a serving platter and the warm tortillas in a bread basket, and welcome everyone to enjoy!