Cotija Crusted Shrimp with a Bloody Mary Bar
WHAT YOU NEED
Queso Cotija Grated Cheese
- Cotija Garlic Shrimp:
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Cacique® Cotija, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- For Bloody Mary bar:
- Bloody Mary mix
- Lime juice
- Lemon juice
- For the Fried Panela Skewers:
- Cacique Panela Cheese
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. In a medium bowl, add shrimp, olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil and grated Cacique® Cotija; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place shrimp in a single layers onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Squeeze on the juice of the lemon and garnish with parsley. Place 3 shrimp toward the top end of a skewer and place in your Spicy Bloody Mary or enjoy alone.
- For the Bloody Mary Bar: In a cocktail mixer full of ice, combine the vodka, Bloody Mary mix, lime juice, lemon juice and Horseradish. Shake and pour into salted rim glass.
- For the Fried Panela: Heat medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray. Gently add cheese slices and sear on both sides until browned (30-45 seconds on each side). Drain on paper towel. Once they cool off, thread onto skewers.