Creamy Corn and Soy Chorizo Chili
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package (10oz) Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 ½ cups frozen corn
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Sautee the chorizo, onions, carrots and celery in the butter over medium heat.
- When the onions are translucent, add the flour and stir constantly until a paste forms. Slowly add the chicken stock and stir constantly.
- When the stock is completely incorporated, add the potatoes, corn, salt and pepper. Let this come to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer for about 5 more minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Turn off the heat, then incorporate the milk and the crema with the soup. You may garnish this delicious chili with cilantro sprigs and a dollop of Crema Mexicana. Serve immediately.