WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 container Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Boiling water
- 8 teaspoons granulated sugar, separated
- sliced strawberries for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place 4 (6-ounce) ceramic ramekins in a 13x9 pan. In a large bowl, combine Crema Mexicana, sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Carefully pour crema mixture evenly into ramekins. Place pan with ramekins in oven. Carefully pour in boiling water approximately two-thirds of the height of the ramekins.
- Bake for 40 to minutes or until tips are golden brown and sides are set. Center will be soft and jiggly. Carefully remove ramekins from pan with tongs and let cool completely on a cooling rack. Cover each ramekin tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 10 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, sprinkle each crema brulee top with 2 teaspoons sugar. Carefully caramelize sugar with kitchen torch until sugar is melted and is light golden brown in color. Garnish with sliced strawberries and serve.