Enchiladas Suizas with Oaxaca, Queso Fresco & Chicken
WHAT YOU NEED
Hatch Chile Salsa Verde
Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 1 lb Chicken, cooked
- 3 cups Cacique Oaxaca, shredded
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1-14oz Cacique Hatch Chile Salsa Verde
- 1 Cilantro
- 1 Onion
- 1 Salt
- 12 Corn tortillas
- Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, optional for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain the extra liquid from the Cacique® Hatch Chile Salsa Verde and add the Crema Mexicana and whisk together until fully combined.
- In a large bowl, add shredded chicken and 1/2 cup Hatch Chile Salsa Verde Crema sauce. Toss together to coat chicken. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Wet an extra-long paper towel with water until slightly damp. Wrap the corn tortillas in the damp paper towel and microwave for 25 seconds. This will warm and soften the tortillas so they’re pliable and don’t rip.
- Assemble the enchiladas by filling the tortillas with shredded chicken and 2 cups of shredded Oaxaca, divided between the enchiladas. Place the enchiladas seam side down in a large 3-quart baking dish.
- Pour the remaining Hatch Chile Salsa Verde Crema sauce on top of the enchiladas and top with remaining 1 cup of shredded Oaxaca.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with chopped onions, fresh cilantro and Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco.