Red Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 cups shredded or chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup Cacique® Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cacique® Cotija cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 12 Corn tortillas
- For the Salsa
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To Garnish
- Cacique® Oaxaca cheese
- Cacique® Cotija cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- Black olives, sliced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For the Salsa: In a saucepan heat oil, add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add chili powder and tomato sauce and cook for a minute. Add chicken stock, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and cook on low heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9x13” baking dish with oil and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add the Cacique® Oaxaca, Cacique® Cotija, Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria and red onions. If needed season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the tortillas on your work surface. Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto the center of each tortilla and roll them up. Place the enchiladas in the baking dish. Pour the salsa over the enchiladas and sprinkle on shredded Cacique® Oaxaca and Cotija cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes until enchiladas are heated well through and the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and black olives. Enjoy!