MAC N’ CHEESE WITH RANCHERO PORK CHORIZO
WHAT YOU NEED
Ranchero® Pork Chorizo
- 8 Ounces Elbow Macaroni or Shells
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 4-Ounce Can Diced Fire-Roasted Chiles, drained
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Package Ranchero® Pork Chorizo
- 6 Ounces Cacique® Cotija, shredded
- 4 Ounces Cacique® Oaxaca, shredded
- 4 Ounces Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- While the macaroni is cooking, cook chorizo on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes while breaking apart with spatula. Drain, blot out extra grease with paper towel and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the diced onion and cook 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned and tender. Stir in the chiles and sprinkle on the flour. Add the milk gradually, stirring as you go to avoid lumps, and then sprinkle in the Cotija and Oaxaca, stirring to melt into a creamy mixture. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Combine the drained cooked macaroni with chorizo and the cheese sauce.
- Add the mixture into the prepared casserole and top with the Queso Fresco and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbling and lightly browned. Serve warm.