MEXICAN NACHOS WITH SALSA PICANTE DIP
WHAT YOU NEED
Premium Pork Chorizo
Queso Dip with Salsa Picante
- 1 Package Cacique® Premium Pork Chorizo
- 1 Package Cacique® Queso Dip with Salsa Picante
- 15-Ounce Can Refried Beans
- 12-Ounce Bag of Tortilla Chips
- 1 Package Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco
- ½ Cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana, for garnish
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves, for garnish
- Guacamole, optional for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add the Cacique® Premium Pork Chorizo to a large nonstick skillet or well-seasoned cast iron pan. Cook over medium heat about 8-10 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break it up; stir regularly until it is completely warmed and cooked through. Set aside.
- Microwave Cacique® Salsa Picante Queso Dip for 2 – 3 minutes until heated through, be sure to stir about every minute.
- In a medium bowl, thin the refried beans with 2 tablespoons water and mix together.
- To assemble the nachos, add half the tortilla chips to a 13x9-inch rectangular baking dish. Use a spoon to drizzle half the Cacique® Queso Dip and half the refried beans evenly over the chips, trying to distribute it as evenly as possible. Sprinkle half the crumbled Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco. Repeat with the remaining chips, Cacique® Queso Dip, beans, and crumbled Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until the crumbled Queso Fresco softens, and the Queso Dip is creamy.
- As soon as the nachos are out of the oven, top with crumbles of the Cacique® Premium Pork Chorizo and drizzle the nachos with Cacique® Crema Mexicana. Garnish with plenty of fresh cilantro. Serve right away with your favorite guacamole.