Mini Mexican Tuna Melts
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 baguette
- 3/4 cup shredded Cacique® Enchilado cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cacique® Queso Quesadilla cheese
- 2 – 3 small tomatoes
- 12 oz can tuna in water (drained)
- 1 medium jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 TBSP chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large bowl, flake tuna and season with lime juice and zest, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add jalapeno, onion and cilantro and combine well. Stir in mayonnaise. Add shredded Enchilado Cheese and combine well.
- Slice baguette into disks and place on a baking sheet. Top each baguette slice with a heaping tablespoon of the tuna mixture. Top tuna mixture with a slice of tomato. Top each tomato with shredded Queso Quesadilla.
- Bake in a preheated 375(F) oven for 10-12 minutes.