Quinoa & Queso Breakfast Tacos With Chorizo Crumble
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (9-ounce) package Cacique® Ranchero® pork chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup crumbled Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco, plus more for sprinkling
- 6-8 warm corn tortillas
- Sliced jalapenos, for serving (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat a dry medium frying pan over medium heat. Remove chorizo from package and add to frying pan, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook until browned and crumbly, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir again.
- Heat oil in a separate medium frying pan over medium heat. Once shimmering, add eggs and lower heat to low. Sprinkle quinoa and cheese over the top of the eggs then gently fold them in, turning the eggs as they cook. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stuff egg mixture inside warmed tortillas and sprinkle chorizo and extra cheese on top. Garnish with jalapeno slices if desired and serve.