Red Chicken Enchiladas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 jar Cacique® Crema Mexicana or Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1 (7oz) package Cacique® Dos Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup oil (more may be added)
- Salt to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice chicken breast and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, heat ¼ cup oil. Fry tortillas, one at a time for a couple seconds on each side. Set aside on a plate covered with a paper towel (to soak up excess oil).
- Dip each tortilla in the enchilada sauce, place on plate and roll a small amount of chicken and shredded cheese in each tortilla.
- Place on a baking dish, cover with more red enchilada sauce and bake for 15-18 minutes. Top with remaining Dos Quesos Blend and Crema Mexicana or Crema Mexicana Agria.
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.