SOPES WITH RANCHERO BEEF CHORIZO AND POTATOES
WHAT YOU NEED
Sopes De La Casa
Medium Homestyle Salsa
- 2 Russet Potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 Package Ranchero® Beef Chorizo
- 1 Package Cacique® Queso Fresco 10oz
- 1 Package Cacique® Sopes de la Casa
- 1 Quart Canola Oil
- Cacique® Homestyle Salsa, for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For potato filling: In a medium sauté pan, fry the potatoes for 10 minutes. Add the chorizo, break down into crumbles with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned (about 6-8 mins). Set aside and keep warm.
- Begin to preheat another pan with 1 quart of canola oil to 375ºF. Then fry the pre-cooked sopes, a couple at a time in the hot oil until golden brown. Carefully remove sopes and place onto paper towels.
- To serve: place the potato and chorizo mixture onto the sopes, crumble Cacique® Queso Fresco over the tops and add the Salsa. Serve immediately.