Spicy Blackened Fish Sandwiches
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5 Fillets of white or red fish- Cod, Tilapia, etc
- 1/2 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Ancho Chili Pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Cacique Queso Cojita Grated Cheese, for Garnish
- Chipotle Herb Spread
- 1/2 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1 small chipotle (in adobo sauce), finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 Ciabatta Buns
- Lettuce and Sliced Tomatoes for sandwich garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat a heavy cast iron pan on high heat until extremely hot, about 10 minutes.
- In a small sized bowl, combine all spices. Pour melted butter into a shallow dish. Dip each fillet into butter, turning once to coat both sides. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with spice mixture, and gently pat mixture onto fish.
- Sauté in a very hot skillet until blackened, only a few minutes per side. Turn and repeat on other side. Remove from pan and sprinkle with Cacique Queso Cojita Grated Cheese.
- To make the Chipotle Herb Spread, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread top half of each bun evenly with Chipotle Herb Sauce. Place 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice on bottom half of each bun; top each with fish fillets and top halves of buns.