Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs with Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream
WHAT YOU NEED
Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream
- 8 all beef hot dogs
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Oaxaca, shredded cheese
- 16 slices bacon
- 8 gourmet hot dog buns, toasted
- 2 white or sweet Onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Slice each hot dog lengthwise down the middle almost, but not all the way through. Fill the pocket with Oaxaca shredded cheese.
- Wrap the hot dog with two slices of thin-sliced, bacon. Place on a foil-lined cookie-sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
- In a pan, heat hot dog buns cut-side-down for about 1-3 minutes, until toasted golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make onion topping. Slice the onions into bite-size strips. In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat until it is hot and melted. Add the onions and saute for about 6-8 minutes, until they are as done as you like them.
- Top each hot dog with onions and a generous squeeze of Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Flavored Sour Cream.