Bomb Crispy Chorizo Pizza
WHAT YOU NEED
Ranchero® Queso Fresco
Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour for the recipe plus more for dusting surfaces.
- 1 cup water heated to 120ºF
- 1 - 3/4 oz (21 gr) envelope rapid rise yeast
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil for the recipe, plus more for cooking chorizo and for oiling a pan and a bowl.
- 1 (6oz) can Tomato Paste
- 1 package Cacique® Oaxaca
- 1 package Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 1 Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- Sprigs of Cilantro for garnish
- Cacique® Spicy Jalapeno Sour Cream for garnish
- pizza pan, rolling pin, plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and oil into a large bowl. Add water, warmed to about 120ºF and mix it all together with a spoon or spatula until all the ingredients are combined and the dough looks ragged.
- Then knead the dough right in the bowl for 4-6 minutes until it is silky and smooth. If it gets too sticky while kneading, just dust it with a little more flour as you work.
- When it looks smooth and silky, drizzle a little olive oil in a separate bowl that is large enough for the dough as it doubles in size. Place your dough in the bowl and then flip the dough over to coat all surfaces with oil. Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in a warm spot to rise.
- When the dough doubles in size (about 35 min), on a lightly floured surface, punch the dough down and roll it out. We used a wine bottle to roll it out, since we didn’t have a rolling pin. If your dough doesn't want to stay spread out when you roll it, just let it rest for about 5 min, then roll it out to the size you need.
- Cover your pan with aluminum foil, oil the foil, and then dust with cornmeal. Place your rolled-out dough on your pan and pierce it in multiple locations with a fork to reduce large bubbles when baking.
- Place pizza dough in a pre-heated oven at 400ºF for 15-20 min or until just lightly browned.
- While the dough is baking, heat up a little olive oil in a pan and remove Cacique® Pork Chorizo from its package and cook on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent meat from burning. Remove from heat.
- Remove pizza dough from oven, and spread tomato paste over it, spread Cacique® Oaxaca and sprinkle the cooked Pork Chorizo.
- Remove from oven and garnish with Ranchero® Queso Fresco, cilantro and squeeze on Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Flavored Sour Cream. Note: If you are short on time, you can use premade or refrigerated pizza dough.