Tacos Dorados with Chorizo, Oaxaca and Queso Fresco
WHAT YOU NEED
Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 2 (9-oz) packages Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 1 (10-oz) package Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1 cup Cacique® Oaxaca, shredded
- 12 small tortillas, preferably corn
- Neutral oil for frying
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup of shredded white cabbage
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add the Cacique® Pork Chorizo to a large nonstick skillet or well-seasoned cast iron pan. Cook over medium-low heat, using your spoon to break it up; stir regularly until it is completely warmed through and deep brown (scrape the crispy bits from the bottom of the pan).
- In a mixing bowl, lightly combine cooked chorizo, 1 cup of crumbled Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco and 1 cup of shredded Oaxaca. Set aside.
- To toast the tortillas, set them directly over a gas stove’s burners and turn the flame on medium-low. Cook until lightly blistered and charred, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side (use tongs to flip them). As they finish cooking, stack and wrap them in a clean, dry dishtowel so they stay pliable.
- Divide the cooked chorizo and cheese mixture evenly between the tortillas and fold in half to close. Coat the bottom of your skillet with about 1 inch of oil and heat over medium-high until it’s shimmering. Working in batches so the pan isn’t overcrowded, fry the tacos for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until the tortilla is crisp and golden. Place on a paper towel to drain.
- To serve, top tacos with the shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, the remaining Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco then drizzle Cacique® Crema Mexicana over the top.