WHAT YOU NEED
- 10 pre-made empanadas discs
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 cups shredded pre-cooked turkey
- 3 cups shredded Cacique® Oaxaca cheese
- Oil for frying
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Roll out the pre-made empanada discs with a rolling pin as they are usually a bit thick, and you want a very thin though to obtain extra crispy empanadas.
- Fill half of the empanada discs with 1/2 a tablespoon of cranberry sauce. Top the cranberry sauce with a little less than a tablespoon of shredded turkey. Add a final layer of a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Fold the discs in half and seal them with a fork by pressing down the edges. Fry in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until golden brown allowing cheese to melt.