The Creamiest Arroz con Leche
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup White Rice
- 2 1/2 cup Water
- 1 whole Cinnamon Stick (Mexican / Ceylon Cinnamon)
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 14 oz Condensed milk
- Ground Cinnamon pinch -*to dust / garnish
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place water, rice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 18-20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- While the rice is simmering: Mix the Crema Mexicana and condensed milk (in a separate bowl /container) and stir well.
- Once the water has evaporated the rice is done. you may also notice small "holes" on the top of the rice indicating it is done cooking. At this point, remove the saucepan from the heat and pour in the crema/condensed milk mixture and a tsp of vanilla.
- Return the saucepan to the heat, cover and cook on low heat until it thickens. Stir occasionally so it does not stick to the bottom. This process takes approx. 5 minutes.
- The end result should look like a creamy pudding, however if it looks too dry, you can add more crema (about a 1/4 cup).
- Serve warm or cold whatever is preferred. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and ENJOY! Refrigerate any leftovers.